There are great heliski conditions on the north of Iceland, in the Akureyri region. This is an excellent place for those who just want to try freeriding.
Although the altitude of drop offs is not so large, vertical drop is imposing because descents end almost at zero meters above sea level. You will ride down right to the ocean shore. The vertical drop varies from 1000 to 1500 meters. It depends on weather conditions and heliskiing area.
We use B3 helicopter, which is provided by Greenland Air. Their base is located on the west coast of the island. The pilots have a long experience of heliski flights in Greenland.
The helicopter lands near a lodge where we live. The comfortable Klængshóll Lodge has everything for your pleasure. You will be offered to stretch on yoga lessons in the morning and relax in sauna or jacuzzi and enjoy a dinner of local dainties after an active day in mountains.
Arrival in Reykjavik
18:45 Flight to Akureyri
19:30 Arrival in Akureyri
Transfer to Klængshóll Lodge - 45 minutes
Heliskiing. The helicopter lands near the hotel. The nearest landing takes three minute flight.
Lunch in the mountains
Dinner at the lodge
Final riding day
Lunch in the mountain
Transfer to Akureri
19:55 Flight to Reykjavik
20:30 Arrival in Reykjavik
Each program is always calculated individually, contact us to clarify the cost of the program. Or send us a request and we will call back and calculate the cost.
– 7 hrs flight time per group of 4
– Exclusive use of the helicopter for your group
– 6 Possible ski days
– 6 nights at Klængshóll Lodge double occ. with ensuite bathrooms
– AM stretch Yoga class and full use of Lodge Spa facilities
– Gourmet meals. Breakfast, lunch, apré ski snacks and dinners
– Complimentary beer, soft drinks and in room mini bar
– Guide services
– All ground transportation in 4x4 vehicles
– Ski Rentals - Movement - Black Diamond and Völkl
– Avalanche equipment (beeper, probe, shovel)
– International flight to Reykjavik
– Domestic flight Akureyri – Reykjavik - Akureyri
– Personal insurance
– Wine and spirits
– Personal expenses
– Avalanche airbag rental